Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Backstreet boys concert in Concord


Some article has put it right : when you – “the 20 somethings” go to the Backstreet boys concert, “you miraculously dig up those CD’s and reminisce about the good old days when people actually went to the store to buy these now almost obsolete things”, and you will “spend the next three days watching every BSB music video ever created." ^^  It’s been 2 days since we came back from BSB concert and yes, I want to listen to their sweet songs again… Some thoughts are hard to define. Just say, coming to see the Backstreet boys’ concert is a lovely memory… and a lovely memory of other memories...



We bought the tickets long ago when I was still in Vietnam. BSB is the band that we both like. Time flew and the date of BSB concert came fast.

Concert day - We set off late and rushed to the venue in Concord. No time for dinner so we just devoured a VNese loaf of bread on the way. It was sunset and everything was bathing in a warm yellow. I enjoyed gazing at the chubby hills undulating along the way. After a long ride, we arrived in Concord with the traffic getting heavier and heavier, then a long traffic jam followed, bumpers to bumpers!  1 hour crawling for just 1 more mile to the venue! It was late already, so some girls got out of their cars & started walking hastily. However, the traffic jam was not too irritating because the BSB spirit was high in the air – people in their cars were playing the BSB music out loud!! ^^

Luckily, Sleep Train Pavilion had a large parking lot. We briskly walked uphill to get inside because we were an hour late already. Jesse McCartney was performing then, many girls were all standing and screaming. At first, I did not recognize that was Jesse McCartney. He looked strange from how I had pictured him from his photos in 2005. But when he sang the one-time hit "Beautiful soul", I finally recognized who that was. And it was interesting that from the distance, he looked like Leo DiCarprio, maybe because of his new hairstyle, face shape, and also his build!

While waiting for BSB, I asked my husband for the jeans bag and found out it had disappeared!!! hic. (My husband is quite forgetful and we already lost a new ipad in the supermarket last month - he carelessly left it on the empty cart and someone just pushed the cart away!) At 9pm, the BSB got on stage. I felt a little down and worried because I lost the bag, which means I lost all of my medicines, so no mood for the concert. But then the familiar greatest hits from BSB easily cheered me up. They were so sweet that I should temporarily forget about the bag and just enjoy the show. We could not help singing along with everyone. The crowd kept bursting into ear-shattering cheer whenever their favorite songs were sung. “Everybody”, “I want it that way”, “We’ve got it goin on”, “Larger than life”… and even their new song “In the world like this”… As for the stage, it kept changing after each song, projecting different themes similar to those in their MVs. This cleverly reminded the audience of their famous videos over the past 20 years!

 I loved to see the band singing together, but Nick Carter was my favorite. What I liked best about him in the show was he was the most energetic and active member (maybe because he is the youngest :P) He danced a lot, sang well, played the guitar, and after years, he now even grew more manly, more handsome and his smile was still really charming ^^. My husband also liked him =)) As for AJ, I never liked how he played with women underwear on stage. This was not the first time, and this show was not an exception, he played with a bra at the end!!! eye-itching scene! >_<

The show ended, but many people (including my husband =))) still lingered, hoped for their coming back on stage for 1 more song =))



After the show, we asked the security but there was no bag found, so we guessed it would be just like the time we lost the ipad. But then luckily, when we almost left, my bag was found! Needless to say, I was so thankful and really happy!

Walking and looking down the hill, we saw thousands of cars flooding the parking lot and all over the way out. The car lights were glittering in the dark just like stars - What a beautiful yet terrifying scene :P , so we leisurely stayed there for a while waiting for the traffic to clear out, charged the phone, then strolled to the car, had a supper, played some more BSB music in the car and kept that music going on all the way home =))).

I agree to the review saying that Backstreet boys still has a special place “in a world like this”.

You can view our photo journal about this trip in the slideshow below.


 
View all 33 photos



Got to go now. I'll upload some of the videos later


Now, keep the promise. Here is one of the clips:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Contents by Date

TOPICS

...