Monday, April 20, 2015

Some photos we took - Landscapes & more



Some nice photos we took at different times and places. (March 2015)

Some were captured at a lake, some by the sea, some by a creek, some in the city...
Some were taken at sunrise, some at sunset, some simply at any beautiful moment of life, day or night...


One of the many things I learn from taking these photos: clouds are much more interesting than I thought . There are different types of clouds with various forms & shapes: cumulus clouds, cirrus clouds, stratus clouds... . I used to assume that clouds were always there in the sky. In fact, clouds can only be seen in certain time, weather, and places, so taking photos of clouds requires good luck, good timing, and patience. But whenever they are there, clouds contribute greatly to a landscape, especially a sunset or sunrise photo as clouds catch rays and reflect colors very well. 

There are stories behind, but I'm lazy to write. Just upload some photos instead.  


***


Photo credit :  me   :D  

After playing around all day long, clouds now hurry home for dinner

Wild flowers line up along the banks, waving goodbye to the setting sun.



***

A crazy race to Half moon bay.
Still remember when we were here last summer,
when the tide was low, we saw coral reefs and sea creatures...
But this time, we didn't have time for a longer stay.


***


Morning has broken

Cloud dance



***

Twilight
Bustled and ruffled with people and boats just a moment ago, after sunset, the lake returns to its calm and placid nature.



***


Smoky clouds soften the night sky.



***



Credit for the photos below goes to my husband. 

Palace of Fine Arts
Interesting steps of clouds


***


By a creek in March. 



Looking at this photo, I keep wondering if some snakes were hiding somewhere. 
That day, on the way back from the trail, we ran into a baby (still scary) green snake slithering away, just one or two steps from my husband. I could feel that the little snake also freaked out just like me during this unexpected encounter. After the incident, I tell myself to always watch out and stay away from bushes. We all love to see deers or birds, but at the same time, snakes, centipedes or some other dangerous creatures are also somewhere around.




and ... many other photos, which may come in another entry.


A self-portrait of my hand


"Yesterday - Today - Tomorrow 
Each day is as special as you want it to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Contents by Date

TOPICS

...