Sunday, January 26, 2014

Breakfast at 5 a.m!



Breakfast at 5 am on Jan 20, 2014.
It was our first marriage anniversary. Not a plan. I just did not sleep well and woke up since 4 a.m. So, we went out for breakfast. 



2 very large cups of hot chocolate. Everything is big here. 


I love chocolate sundae. 



I had Strawberry and Banana Pancakes. These pancakes were so big.

But, talking about breakfasts, I suddenly miss how I had breakfast in Vietnam. There were plenty of choices, from those light meals and fast foods like Bánh mì, Bánh bao, Xôi ... to tasty main dishes (for even lunch & dinner) like Cơm Tấm, Bánh cuốn, Phở, Bún Bò etc. These could easily be found along the streets, even at 5 am! What I needed to do was just walk or ride my scooter straight to work, to school, or to any venue and then stopped by any stalls along the way that I liked. Food stalls and restaurants were everywhere.
As for here, I can still find Vietnamese dishes, but only after a long drive, and only after 8 am (for the earliest). This means I can never sit at a food stall and have Cơm tấm or Bánh cuốn, or xôi, or Bánh mì...on the cold, early morning as I used to. I somehow miss the smoky cơm tấm I had in my neighborhood or near my school when I was young... Now I usually have just very careless breakfast like a muffin or something...

Anyway, it's nice that there are some 24/24 restaurants here and I could still enjoy breakfast at 5 am! ( at 5 am? This is just once in a blue moon :D)



Me - having this American style breakfast.




"Yesterday - Today - Tomorrow 
Each day is as special as you want it to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Contents by Date

TOPICS

...