Friday, January 17, 2014

Photos: Vietnam - Korea - US


I came back to my homeland, HCM City last month. This was the first time I visited my family since I moved to the US.




I still remember the joy running inside of me as I admired HCM City from the plane's window... and I still remember how I felt as I walked into the house where I had been living for many years. Even the most familiar thing in my house now looked a little strange to me at first, though I knew nothing has changed ...
The ceiling was now much higher ... (cuz I'm used to the ridiculously low ceiling in the US)
The bowl was smaller...
The water tap got rustier...
And everything was old, and so peaceful.

I stayed calm and happy until I walked upstairs into my room. I inexplicably burst into tears. Everything was still there waiting for me, from the wall of paper flowers to the desk, the shelves, the books, the closet, the corner full of teddy bears... everything was still there... my parents must be very upset to see things in my room when I'm away...
Without me, my mother was home alone at night as my Dad was not home - He stayed awake taking care of my grandma…

I miss my room! everything was still there.




I miss this tiramisu cake! The cake in the US is way too, too sweet. 
Back to VN, I was back to many things I had been missing.
Back to VN this time, we were busy and tired. Many unexpected things came and many things planned were left unfulfilled. Now I know time always flies, wherever we are.
Back to VN, I experienced lots of different feelings and gained more insight.
Though HCM city is now even more crowded and dusty and there are many other problems, I still love my homeland. I miss the traditional farmers’markets. I miss the cheap service stalls on sidewalks: clothes repair service, shoe repair service (believe it or not, I got a blouse fixed for just 5.000 vnd!)... I miss those busy stores lining the streets. I miss all the places where I have been to. I miss my family dinners.  And more...
And though life in the US is not very easy and convenient to me now, there are still things I truly love about this country.

This post is just a photo entry, as a brief mark, not a full entry. I do not want to write much, or think too much, for now.

Just some photos when we were in Vietnam - Korea - US.

In VN
These were all taken right before we flew back to the US.

9:15 pm to the airport but we were still packing at 9pm T_T. 



At the airport: I did not plan for photos at all, but here they are, thanks to Nha Trang








Nha Trang is always nice and kind. Thank you for the hello-also-farewell present :)

I like this shot. :P




First time to Seoul - Korea


First time in Seoul
It was  -12 ° (10°F) then
Korean National Museum
Playing with a stamp print :D



@ a store in Seoul

 Some aerial photos I took





Snowflakes!

Snowflakes at dawn!


It was -50 °C or something outside

 

It was so beautiful after a long long night





Finally, we arrived in US! 


breathtaking view !














"Yesterday - Today - Tomorrow 
Each day is as special as you want it to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Contents by Date

TOPICS

...