Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fond memories & My portrait


Date: October 16, 2010

I visited my Dad, asked him to take some photos and teach me to play the guitar...






















An entry for Oct 16, written on Oct 20, 2010 ^^
 

Originally, this is just the caption for a photo album. But when I'm typing these lines, I smile, then I smile a lot, I want to write more, and more … So, why not?  an entry  ^^

__ 

I visited my father last Saturday.
Having cleared out all my thoughts and managed to gain back my balance, I still felt somewhat heartbroken and empty inside… So I asked my father to take some pics (btw, I’d just got a new haircut :D) , and also, I wanted to “try” to learn some guitar :D (but then, shame on me :D, I just sat there retouching photos :)) , listening to my father playing the guitar so emotionally and savoring some cake … :D ) Not until I was about to leave did I myself try strumming on the guitar. Keeping such a straight face, yet inside, I laughed at myself for plucking the strings so clumsily =D. And before leaving, I asked my Dad to play “Giọt sương trên mi mắt”  so that I could sing along ^^.

Giọt sương trên mi mắt

Sáng tác: Thanh Tùng


Em đâu có biết lúc mặt trời sinh ra
Mặt trời là nước mắt suốt một đời mẹ cha

Khi em đã lớn nụ hồng nở trên môi
Giọt sương trên mi mắt là cuộc tình, cuộc tình đầu tiên 
...

Khi em cất tiếng khóc chào đời bên nôi
Buồn vui như cơn gió thoảng ngoài trời xa xôi
Khi ta bỗng thấy tuổi ngày càng nhiều thêm
Cạn khô dòng nước mắt còn cuộc đời, cuộc đời buồn tênh 

Có những lúc em cười thật buồn
Sao em không khóc cho lòng, lòng nhẹ nhàng hơn

Vì có những lúc ta nhìn cuộc đời
Niềm vui trong ánh mắt còn lệ buồn, lệ buồn trên môi 

Xin em hãy khóc nồng nàn từ con tim
Xôn xao dòng nước mắt hết muộn phiền trong em

Khi ta đã có nụ hồng nở trong tim
Giọt sương trên mi mắt là mặt trời, mặt trời dịu êm



Of course I didn’t remember all the lyrics :D, but I really liked it when my voice beautifully mingled with the sounds from my father's guitar - This was such a good outlet for some of my pain and confidence... =)) And I’m quite a good singer ! :D

I love those moments. 


I asked my father where he learnt to play the guitar. He told me he once attended classes, but later, he could play even better than the teachers (really?:P), so he just went home and learnt everything by himself.  I always admire my Dad for his independence and willingness to learn new things. He was the one who volunteered to buy books and learn Photoshop at home when the software was new to many. Thanks to him, I could pick up some of the basic Photoshop techniques when I was in ...grade 10 :D .  

Though after years, his skill gets rusty, he still plays the guitar quite well. He used to be a member in a band. ^^ ^^ Haiz, I often wonder why he didn't teach me to play the guitar when I was younger. He said, he was just afraid it would distract me from my study at school :<. 

I got home and told my Mom. :D  I’m quite proud that my family has the singing tradition :P. My Mom once was a singer in the factory union. She received an offer from a television channel but I didn’t know why she turned it down T_T . I often complained to her how she could reject such a great opportunity :P. If she was a famous singer now (she sings better than me hehe :P), maybe who knows, now I would be a famous artist :”D. 

Actually, my parents sent me to organ classes when I was 5 ! I learned for only 2 or 3 years, then I quit.  6 years old, hic, that was the time I wanted to play, not to learn music. My Mom teased me, and haha, I also laughed  at myself to think of this : me - sitting there learning to play the organ with tears running all over the face, just like this - -> ( T_T )   =)). And I can still remember there was a time when I begged my teacher to let me go home “cuz I have to visit my Grandma, teacher. Today is Sunday” <--  I told  him the truth  ^^. However, I still remember I was one of the best students in that organ class. And the teacher loved me. I also had some successful organ performance when I was in primary school. ^^ But I’ve quit for too long and now I can hardly remember anything,  except for the fond childhood memories ... - the beautiful days when I went to organ classes. ^^  - … My Mom or sometimes the little me held & embraced the heavy organ case on a xích-lô running hard from GoVap to District 1 to learn music… every Sunday… Sometimes, having finished the lessons, I came to the school side yard to pick some tiny wild flowers and  played around. I still remember, there was a time, I saw and secretly admired a strange little girl, who was in a white dress, wearing white gloves, white socks and poupeé shoes. She looked so pure and lovely just like a princess… , at that time, I wished to have the bride gloves  just like hers...  


Back to present, now I want to learn some music just because I like it, not because my parents force me or send me to classes anymore.  It might take me long to learn cuz I now have lots of other priorities, however, I’m learning to play the guitar sooner or later. It’s just the matter of time ;)

___

Well, it’s quite late now. 12:45 am already T_T . Today I’m so exhausted from classes and I just want to throw myself onto bed ASAP. But talking about those fond memories magically gives me the energy :D. 

Today, I receive lots of wishes from strange phone numbers. I don’t have the habit of replying messages from strange numbers, asking who or whose or sth like that.
However, I also want to say thanks to all here ^^

Happy Vietnamese Women’s Day although now it’s already October 21 :P

And before going to bed ^^, I'd love to share with you this. This is the pic of a cute gift from a student of mine :D at school. It comes as a nice surprise to me. Small as it is, it’s so meaningful to me ^^.  I like it so much ;) Thank you Nam ^^ 




2 comments:

  1. Note này đọc vui và dễ thương ghê đó Thy ^__^
    Chúc Thy sẽ lun vui vẻ và lạc quan nhé, nice weekend :D
    P/S: Tui cũng đang tự tập guitar, bấm phím đau tay quá chời >.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Contents by Date

TOPICS

...