Friday, October 18, 2013

Photos in Fall - Part 3 : Pumpkin fairy tale ;)


Fall is well-known as the poetic season of chilly winds, brittle leaves, splendid colors and also many fragrant harvests (these might be some last beautiful harvests of the year). As a long-time orchard lover, never do I want to miss such a thing as a visit to the farm! ...



Part 3Pumpkin fairy tale











***
This is interesting. After finishing my writing, on thinking of a title for this entry, I come up with a story - a story based on the pictures in this album. I think I could weave this into a tale and write down a decent story:
"Pumpkin fairy tale" 
^^
However, (don't worry :D), I am just telling you the real story below ;)

***












(Continued from  Part 1  & Part 2 )


...

Actually, before coming to see apple trees, I had a look at the pumpkin corner first.






Pumpkins of different sizes and colors had been harvested and displayed on hay bales, with ornamental scarecrows …

...

As a simple season greeting, we wanted to pick some pumpkins for carving and decorations, so in the late afternoon, we stopped by a nearby pumpkin patch. We were welcomed by chilly wind & spooky Halloween decorations !!

The ground was decorated with some graves and looked quite scary :D, so I just took this picture of the upper part.


The Halloween decorations went on with fake rats, witches, ghosts, heads of demons, sometimes well hidden in pumpkin piles.

Anyway, we managed to find a peaceful area to take autumnal pictures of just pumpkins and pumpkins…



I love the vibrant orange of pumpkins - the radiant color of fall.






The chubby pumpkins were lying in abundance on the hay cushion. I felt like picking up one, feeling the weight of this lovely kind of fruit, and savoring the fullness of autumn in my hand...






If the crimson apples have the mysterious color of “Snow White” fairy tale, then these robust pumpkins are graced with “Cinderella” story, where a rustic pumpkin was magically transformed into a beautiful carriage and took the good Cinderella to where her prince was waiting… To digress a little bit, that is one of my favorite details of the story ^^



I love this picture.
The evening fog has made this picture more magic-like ^_^ !  We were sitting amid a hill of golden pumpkins!! =))  


After going around, searching for the prettiest pumpkins for a while, we finally went home with this lovely pumpkin family: 2 medium-sized pumpkins as parents :P and 3 cute petite babies.




It was just a day trip to the farm, but to me, this was wonderful!


Click here to view full album (28 photos)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Contents by Date

TOPICS

...